A café has been awarded a Good Food Award 2023.
Muzzy’s Breakfast House was awarded the Blue Ribbon for Delicious Dishes in Good Food Awards after receiving the highest customer service ratings.
The Good Food Awards recognises teams who strive for excellence within their field and are chosen for their food quality, service and value.
The popular breakfast joint situated on Broadway, Bebington, opened its doors in August 2019 where it originally started out as a “bankrupt café”.
Manager at Muzzy’s Emre Saydam, told the Globe: “I first found out we had won the award after a customer emailed me.
“I wasn’t sure at first I thought it could have been a scam email because I didn’t even know we had been entered.”
The awards are free to enter and are entirely based on merit.
There are various sub-categories that can be entered into. These include:
- Good Food Awards – Fine Dining, Restaurants and Products. (Product Categories: Charcuterie, Cheese, Chocolate, Confections, Desserts, Pantry, Pickles, Preserves & Snacks).
- Good Food Awards for Cafes – Cafe’s, Bistro’s, Sandwich Shops, Coffee Houses & Tea Rooms.
- Good Food Awards for Fish & Chips – Fish and Chip Shops / Restaurants where Fish and Chips are their primary activity.
- Good Food Awards for Gastro Pubs – Gastro-Pubs, Inns, Taverns and Public Houses serving Food.
- Good Food Awards for Takeaways – All other Takeaways where Fish and Chips are not their primary activity.
This year, Muzzy’s has won an award in the Café’s category.
The 29-year-old added: “I was so happy when I found out we had won. I trust myself and my business because the feedback we get from customers is brilliant.
“When I got this business in 2019 it was a bankrupt café but the point where we are now is so much different to where we were before, so I’m made up to see all the hard work pay off.
“I couldn’t have got to this stage without my teammates and staff so this award is also because of their efforts.”
Muzzy’s is open every day of the week, except for Tuesdays, and serves a variety of breakfasts, coffee, tea, sandwiches, burgers, toasties, baguettes, and salads.
Speaking of what the award means to the business, Emre said: “For us, our award is our customers and their feedback and if they choose to return.
“I believe this award is that recognition for me and my staff. I always try to hire people who love their job and love to serve customers and care for them. I think that’s the most important thing that makes a business successful.”